Thursday 19 April 2012

Who am I?

I have spent the vast majority of my career working in customer facing technical roles within leading edge hi-tech companies with the last 12 years spent in Pre-Sales management and leadership within a major IT product and technology vendor. Full details can be found in my linkedin profile. My interest in technology stems from always asking the question "well that is very clever but what can it do for us and how can someone make a business from that". Looking at Douglas Adams three ages of technology I seem to have become stuck in the 2nd age. My approach to technology has lead to to work with a variety of products and technologies in a range of vertical markets with customer and partners from small start-ups to major global corporations but also from the view point of how can we combine products and technologies to build a solution that will provide business value and so benefit the consumer of the technology, the deployer of the technology and the vendor. In some cases this has meant building complete eco-systems from scratch in others it has meant simply changing the way we look at a problem to develop a new solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment